Wednesday, September 21, 2005

 

Offer from Trevor Top

I received this email from Trevor Top:
Hello all at the Stone Center, obviously it has been very difficult to communicate and I'm glad to see all the department blogs pop up. As you may know I am a former MA at the Stone Center and now am at the Anthropology Department. I would like to extend the offer of assistance I have made to them as I am a member of the LA Air National Guard and have full access to the city. I am willing to check on houses, take pictures and e-mail them to you, empty refrigerators (although the time threshold is passing for them to be salvaged), assist in entrance to the city, and even repair roofs if necessary. An e-mail to trevtop@yahoo.com would be best but you could also call me at (504) 813-7138 if necessary. As you may all well know, Uptown did very well during and the after the storm, there are several trees down, many roofs have lost shingles, slate and felt, but there has been little or no residential looting. Unfortunately in the overzealous attempt to control the chaos, there are several vulnerable houses uptown that need immediate attention before a major rain storm enters the area. We've been lucky up to now, but if you have valuable books, they may be in danger. I'll be happy to do what I can. Best wishes to all and I hope to see you at the revitalized uptown campus in January, if not sooner. Power will likely be restored uptown before long and it is more liveable than you might think. Metairie, Harahan, Jefferson and Kenner are definitely back up and running.

Best regards,

Trevor Top

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?