Saturday, September 03, 2005

 

For LAST Grad Students

All LAST graduate students:

I hope that all of you and your families are safe. Please do be in contact with me to let me know where you are and how you are doing.

For updates on the status of the University, please refer regularly to the University’s emergency website: http://emergency.tulane.edu. As of now, I imagine that, absolute best-case scenario, it will take at least 2-3 months for the University to become operational. However, it is entirely possible (and probable) that the whole academic year may be lost. Therefore, I will encourage you to plan accordingly.

In the meantime, for purposes of maintaining some centralized communication, I have set up this blog site where I will make postings as regularly as I can.

Please check this blog regularly. If you would like to make postings to the blog, please let me know as well. For the moment, the email address that I am using for email contact is rtsclasblog@hotmail.com

I am currently based on the Northshore of Louisiana in Abita Springs - which experienced some severe damage to utilities and communications services. I had phone service and DSL access a couple of days ago, but then lost it for a few days. As of 1 hour ago, ground line phone service and DSL service has been restored to the area where I am located. Consequently, I am able to communicate by telephone and by email. If you would like to contact me by phone, please email me and I will send you the number. However, please note that I may experience disruptions in my abilities to communicate as repairs are undertaken that may require temporary suspension of access.

Please know that my thoughts are with all of you and your families. In case you may be wondering, my family is all safe and accounted for.

I know that this is a difficult, traumatic, and uncertain time; but in the midst of the waves of despair that I experience every so often, I am generally hopeful for the future. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Jimmy Huck

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?